Belly bloating is embarassing and seems to always appear at the wrong times! Like at the beach, or when you’re wearing that beautifully fitted blouse you just bought!
Don’t you hate it when you’re getting ready for a fun night out and you put your favorite jeans on and you struggle to get that top button closed? I do! It seems one day the jeans fit great but the next day I can hardly get them on let alone close them. Well, I did some research and I found some awesome things one can do to control the belly bloat! The biggest problem I have is the discipline to avoid the things that cause bloating.
1. The first thing that helps with the belly bloat is to get up and move! I know after a big meal it’s the last thing you want to do and I try to remember that overeating is going to make me uncomfortable (of course!). It’s hard to remember when it tastes so good! Mindful eating, be conscious of each bite and eat slower.
2. Drink lots of water every day. Make it more enjoyable by adding a little fresh fruit like sliced strawberries, mint leaves, cucumbers, and lemons. Amazingly the old rule of at least eight 8 oz glasses of water a day is still valid. I have 16 oz glasses at home, so I simply drink 4 of those a day. If you can manage to drink more water, do it. It’s good for your skin, dry mouth which harms your teeth in the long run, and your digestive system.
3. Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables every day. Getting enough fiber will help you avoid constipation which is a significant cause of bloating! Avoid vegetables that commonly make people gassy like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage. Eat whole grains whenever possible! I personally can’t eat white bread without major bloating! That includes donuts, cakes, cookies and almost anything made with white flour.
4. Eat probiotic foods to encourage healthy digestion. Yogurt is a good food for that.
5. Keep a food journal handy and record the times you are bloated and what you ate. Food allergies will cause bloating also.
6. Avoid salt! Sodium or salt is in almost any processed foods so check the labels. If you can avoid as much as possible, you will avoid bloating.
7. Avoid carbonated drinks! I had a habit of having a soda once a day. It was my treat or snack and usually diet soda. Given the reports on how bad soda is for us, I gave it up altogether. Now I drink lots of iced tea instead and bank on the anti-oxidants in it. You can find my recipe for iced tea here
8. Don’t chew sugarless gum or eat sugarless candy. They contain sugar alcohols and artificial sugars that can cause bloating.
9. Lactose intolerance is not fun! Avoid milk products if you’re headed to the beach or somewhere special, and you don’t want to look prego!
10. Don’t use a straw. It seems like a small thing but apparently, we suck in extra air when using them. Someone mentioned to me once that just like smokers get wrinkles around their mouth from the constant sucking on a cigarette, constantly using a straw can do the same thing! That broke the straw thing for me immediately. Hate wrinkles!
Below are my recommendations for getting healthy support and more.
If you desire to eat healthily but find it difficult to plan healthy meals consider eMeals Meal Planning Made Simple.
They have a variety of menu plans including slow cooker meals, budget planning, and vegetarian menus.
Go a step further and have your meals planned and the fresh ingredients sent to your door. No more arguments about what’s for dinner! $30 Off Your First Blue Apron Order
If you are serious about starting a healthier diet but you would like a support system to help you I recommend The Mayo Clinic. Looking to lose 6-10 lbs in two weeks? Start now with a 7 day free trial!
Learn how Michelle went from $0 a month to $50,000. with affiliate marketing. Now Michelle has an affiliate marketing course which taught me things I wouldn’t have found on my own. I strongly recommend it. It’s called Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing.
Starting a new business requires commitment and financial resources to invest in marketing, etc. The Lending Tree offers a variety of loans including business loans and they make the process easy. Get competing loan offers for your business at LendingTree.com.
Part of choosing to live a healthy lifestyle is your willingness to be active. REI has a huge variety of everything you need. Official REI Coupons and Rebates page